To facilitate actions undertaken separately or in partnership in the field of commerce, the City of Paris, the Delegation of the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry -CCIP-: and the Apur have agreed to improve their knowledge of Parisian trading. To achieve this they have, since 1997, put together a common database called Database on Trade and Commerce in Paris -Banque de données sur le commerce -BDcom- aimed at permitting analysis of the commercial fabric and its evolution.
The -BDCom- updates an inventory of Parisian commercial businesses. through periodical surveys carried out on all Parisian streets. These surveys have taken place in 2000, 2003, 2005 and 2007. The next one is programmed for 2011. Surveyed premises are those situated within Paris, on the ground floor, with a display window and visible access from a public space. Premises located in courtyards or commercial centres are also taken into consideration.
The database created from these surveys indicates for each premises:
- The address
- The type of premises (office, public facility, retail outlet, empty premises etc...)
- Its location (on a street, a corner ...)
- If relevant: the premises being part of a social housing estate.
For active trading businesses the following is specified:
- The type of business being run
- Its trade name
- Possible ownership of the trade name by a commercial group or network
- The surface area given to trade (by scale: less than 300m², from 300m² to 1000m², over 1000m²)
The -BDCom's- programme of activities is fixed within the framework of an Execution Convention established between the City of Paris, the Paris Delegation of the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry -CCIP- and the Apur. The present agreement covers the period between 2010 – 2012. Every year an additional clause specifies the precise content of work to be carried out. Work to be done and updated is entrusted to the Apur.
- Commercial networks continue to develop in Paris, August 2016
- The evolution of cultural commercial outlets in Paris 2003 – 2014, June 2016
- Bookshops in Paris – Resilience and adaptation – Evolution 2003 - 2014, June 2016
- Follow-up of changes in businesses on 56 shopping streets in Paris – Note BDRues 2015, March 2016
- Datavisualisation: Business records, March 2016
- International tourist zones in Paris (ZTI) – Initial diagnostic of shops, December 2015
- Businesses and services in Paris, diagnostic and proposal, September 2015
- Datavisualisation : 2011-2014 development of retail and services outlets, March 2015
- Changes in commercial activity in Paris – 2014 survey of Parisian shops and high street businesses and 2011-2014 developments, March 2015
- Follow-up of changes in businesses on 56 shopping streets in Paris – Note BDRues 2013, January 2014
- The City of Paris revitalizes local shops and services, April 2013
- Chain store networks weave their web in Paris, April 2013
- Monitoring commercial changes on 56 Parisian shopping streets -BDRues 2012, February 2013
- The way commerce is evolving in Paris. Inventory of businesses 2011 and changes between 2007-2011, January 2012
- Monitoring changes in retail activity on 56 Parisian shopping streets (2009-2010) - The 2010 BDRues Database report, January 2011
- Trade and Commerce in Paris. Database on The 2007 Trade and Commerce Survey and Evolution since 2005, January 2009
- Trade names and their Networking Strategies in Paris. Commercial Offers by Sector of Activity. November 2007
- Businesses on the Boulevards des Maréchaux (thoroughfares that encircle the city near its outermost margins). Survey of the Clientele Concerned and Evolution 2003-2007, October 2007
- The Closing Down of the Department Store 'The Samaritaine' and the Impact on Neighbouring Districts. June 2007
- The Revitalising of Local Shops by the City of Paris. Progress assessment, November 2006